Thursday, May 14, 2009

Wow

I can't believe it's been so long since my last post here.

It's amazing how busy life gets and how certain things get pushed to the side. I know it's incredibly hard to believe that, as a mother of 8, I lost track here! LOL

I intend on posting regularly again (note: I did say 'intend' so no one can hold me to that! haha) when I find a free minute here and there. I am so thankful for 'internet world'. It's my escape at times and, I believe, helps me maintain my sanity (Kevin: You aren't allowed to comment!).

So, I guess I should try to catch everyone up on what's been going on with us since my last post.

My oldest daughter turned 12. We're creeping ever closer to the dreaded 'teens'. I don't know how it could get any worse, though. Quick! Someone tell me it doesn't get worse! Just kidding. She knows how much I love her. She's an extremely intelligent girl and has her sweet moments, when her hormones and attitude aren't raging out of control! (No comments on who she inherited it from!) Ariana is wrapping up her 7th grade year and is excited for her Stepping Up dance on Friday. She will be attending Drury University's SummerScape program again this July for the 2nd year. She's been taking piano lessons and has been working on her clarinet and also plans on taking drum lessons this summer.

Savannah is 10 and is a cute little package of sweetness and sass. She has pretty much decided this will be her last year of soccer (she wants to give basketball a try) and this saddens me. She's such a good soccer player and I'd like to see her stick with it, but we'll see how it goes. Savannah will be in 5th grade next year and is excited about attending Kids' College at Missouri State this July. She, too, has been taking piano lessons and will be taking drum lessons this summer.

Olivia will be 8 in July. Livy, sweet Livy. Some days there just aren't enough words to describe her (and it totally depends on the day what kind of words I'd use LOL) She's had a very rough year, but she's such a trooper and is doing wonderfully. She is now the proud recipient of a pacemaker. She also had a thyroglossal duct cyst removed and, most recently, had her tonsils and adenoids removed. This one takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'!

Kyra & Emma are 6. Wow. How did that happen? For some reason, that seems to be the biggest shock for me at the moment. I look at them and it seems like two little carbon copies that favor their baby sister should be looking back at me, as opposed to these gorgeous girls. They are growing too fast. They've enjoyed kindergarten this year and are reading quite well. They are awesome little soccer players and we love watching them play. Kyra has been out of her collar for awhile, but has been having some pain and headaches again, so it's back to the neuro this summer for more scans.

Brent is 4. Bubby. I rarely call him that anymore. He's outgrown it, I'm afraid. Brent is his dad, through and through. He reminds me of him so much (mostly because he gave my husband the chance to have the ultimate 'I told you so!' - he wanted to name Brent after himself and I objected). Last week we had a tornado and storms roll through the area. Those that know me and my emotions would totally get that I was verging on panic (lol) when my brave little man calmly says... "Go get the flashlights, Mom. Get the flashlights and we'll go to the basement" It was so cute and sweet and calming and I thought it's exactly how his father would've reacted if he had been here. Brent has taken a recent interest in photography & has started a blog of these photos. It's quite interesting to view the world from a 4yr olds perspective.

Harrison will be 2 in July. He is such an adorable tot. He is talking up a storm & tries his hardest to keep up with his brother and sisters. Sonny never fails to make us laugh.

And, finally, there's Layla Brooke. Lil Miss has a mind of her own & taught us very early on that she's in charge. She arrived 8 days overdue on Friday, March 13th. She has an interesting birth story involving an ambulance & a hospital that wasn't the one we were to deliver at. She's already smiling, cooing & laughing. She completes our family perfectly and has brought so much joy to our lives.

No comments:

Listen to MelG8s Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones